Move over Jack and Meg, White Mystery are a true brother-sister duo and both of their last names are actually White.
Alex and Francis White are bringing their stripped down rock and roll (and their amazing flaming red hair) all the way from Chicago for their fifth year at SXSW. Their fourth album Dubble Dragon is heading all of our ways in April. And if that picture is any indication, Austin's in for a seriously rocking treat from the Whites.
Peep their take on...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: White Mystery
Do you have any nicknames?
Alexandra White (guitar, vocals) aka Miss Alex White, Red Bones, AL
Francis Scott Key White (drums, vocals) aka Fran, Franny, François
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. In the year 2000, when I was 15 years old and a sophomore at a Chicago Public School, these three tracks would have been on your mixtape:
1. The Modern Lovers "Girlfriend"
2. The Ramones "I Wanna be your Boyfriend"
3. The Donnas "Take it Off"
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? The Hamburglar
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? The Simpsons! And it still is.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? White Mystery already exercises the power of telepathy, but it would be nice to grow chainsaw arms.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Son & Daughter of Illinois, Forged in Fire: The White Mystery Story
A big ole' Texas thanks to the lovely Miss Alex and Francis Scott Key! And thank YOU guys for joining us this afternoon.
Keeping it really real, EW
Photo courtesy of the artist