The Interactive Innovation Awards are all about the newest / freshest / most innovative trends, products and developments in the new media industry. Below are the new re-imagined categories for the 2015 Interactive Innovation Awards.
New Economy: Awarded to those redefining the exchange of goods and services, from the sharing economy, to virtual currency, to microfinance, to mobile-device-payment systems and beyond.
Student Innovation: Awarded to the student with an exceptional interactive technology project or startup; both of which are the future.
Sustainable Tech: Awarded for innovation in power generation, power storage, eco-friendly or sustainable technology.
Transportation Advancements: Awarded for the development of technology that changes the way we move people and things, making transportation more efficient or eco-friendly.
Health, Med & BioTech: Awarded for an innovation that improves the quality, efficacy, and/or cost-effectiveness of diagnosis, treatment, and care in the field of medicine.
Internet Of Things: Awarded for the best smart product that most seamlessly integrates into our lives to improve convenience and efficiency through its intelligence and interconnectedness.
Wearable Tech: Awarded for the new hardware (and/or software) that revolutionizes the convenience, comfort, functionality, efficiency, and/or fashion of having a device literally “on you.”
Innovative 3-DIY: Awarded for making 3D printing technology more accessible, producing more affordable personal 3D printers, or to the Maker using such technology in new and exciting ways.
Responsive Design: Awarded for excellent digital design, creating the best-integrated interaction in terms of content, aesthetics, and functionality.
Innovation in Connecting People: Awarded for the best new way to connect with others.
Music Discovery: Awarded for changing and improving the way we listen to and enjoy music.
Visual Media Experience: Awarded for content creation and delivery that moves beyond passive viewership by providing a more immersive and engaging entertainment experience.
Privacy & Security: Awarded for 2014’s most progressive accomplishment in the way we go about securing our data and ensuring our privacy.
Sci-Fi No Longer: Awarded for the coolest scientific achievement or discovery that before 2014 was only possible in science fiction.
Best of Show: The finalist from the competition, who, overall, best exemplifies the values of innovation, inspiration, and creativity.
Breakout Trend of The Event: Awarded to the trend that gained the most traction during SXSW Interactive 2015.
Speaker of the Event: The speaker from SXSW Interactive 2015 whose presentation makes the biggest impact on the digital community.
Meme of the Year: Awarded to the most ubiquitous meme that went viral in calendar year 2014 and that we just can’t get out of our heads or off of our screens.
- A project or product must have launched or have been completely redesigned no earlier than January 1, 2014.
- A project or product must not be scheduled to launch after December 31, 2014.
- Applicants may enter multiple projects or products. There will be an additional application fee for each additional project or product entered.
- A project or product may be entered in multiple categories. There will be an additional application fee for each additional category in which the project or product is entered.
- In addition to providing online information, (websites, demo videos, etc.) entries that are or include physical products and devices may need to be submitted to SXSW for review by our panel of judges in Austin, TX. Physical products and devices will need to be submitted no later than Friday, November 21, 2014.
Questions? Read the Interactive Innovation Awards FAQ.