Powerful speakers with unparalleled minds and ideas are the center of the SXSW Interactive Festival. In that spirit, at the crux of each day's programming is an hour-long Keynote presentation. These presentations take the form of either a solo talk, an interview, or a conversation between two individuals and take place from 2:00-3:00pm each day of the event. While the topics of Keynote presentations vary, all bring to the stage some of the industry's most inspired thinkers.
Previous Keynotes at SXSW Interactive have included Elon Musk, Ray Kurzweil, Daniel Ek, Felicia Day, Bruce Sterling, Nate Silver, Mark Zuckerberg, Ev Williams, Jennifer Pahlka, Mark Cuban, Amber Case, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, Adam Savage, Chelsea Clinton and many other luminaries. Click here for a full list of all Keynote speakers dating back to the first year of the event in 1994.
For the 2015 event, the following are three of our five confirmed Keynote speakers:
- Friday, March 13: Paola Antonelli, MoMA
- Saturday, March 14: Princess Reema Bint Bandar Al-Saud, Alfa Intl
- Sunday, March 15: Martine Rothblatt, United Therapeuticcs
Video Content from 2014 Keynote Sessions
- Show Your Work! | Austin Kleon
- A Conversation with Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson | Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
- The Future of Genetics in Out Everyday Lives | Anne Wojcicki
- A Maker Age: Enlightened Views on Science & Art | Adam Savage
- Harnessing the Power of Tech and Data for Development | Chelsea Clinton
Photo credit clockwise: Errich Peterson, Daran Herrman, David Weaver, Robert Donovan, Rebecca Hodges-Lyon