SXSW registrants (as well as consumers) love the SXSW Gaming Expo, which has emerged as one of the fastest-growing elements of SXSWeek in Austin. Whether you are a video game devotee or your video game company wants to make a big splash with a big audience, then you will want to be a part of this exciting exhibition space!
What is the SXSW Gaming Expo?
- A three-day exhibition that showcases the coolest new innovations in the video game world as well as other aspects of geek culture. The SXSW Gaming Expo is FREE and open to the public.
- The space to showcase your company's latest and greatest ideas to developers, publishers, consumers, digital media industry professionals and internet trendsetters from all across the globe.
When and where does the 2014 SXSW Gaming Expo occur?
- Dates for the 2014 show are Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 9.
- Host venue is the Palmer Events Center (900 Barton Springs Road). Easily accessible with lots of on-site parking, Palmer is located next to the Long Center (where gaming-related panel content will occur).
How do I market my company at the SXSW Gaming Expo?
- Companies can choose from various options including exhibiting, evening events, panels, sponsorships, premiere events and advertising through such things as the Expo Guide and social platforms.
- Contact Justin Burnham for more information on how your company can be involved with the SXSW Gaming Expo. Hurry, premium placement at the 2014 show will sell out quickly!
What did people say about the 2013 SXSW Gaming Expo?
“Coming on the heels of our largest product launch of the year, we left thoroughly impressed with the scope and footprint of SXSW Gaming. We're definitely intending to return!”
- Justin Kranzl, Senior PR Manager, Square Enix
“SXSW Gaming was an invaluable business partner in helping us make our SXSW event successful. The opportunity to bring eSports to SXSW helped create an activation that was a tremendous success with standing room only. It was a pleasure working with SXSW Gaming, and I look forward to doing so again.”
- Errol Pinto, Director Content Production, Blizzard Entertainment
Photo by Merrick Ales