SXSW is excited to announce some extremely special shows for SXSW 2013, including:
Saturday, March 16 - Doors at 9:00 PM
La Zona Rosa (612 W 4th St)
Friday, March 15 at 8:00 PM
Brazos Hall (204 E 4th St)
Sound City Players
Featuring: Fogerty, Greene, Goss, Grohl, Hawkins, Jaffee, Johannes, Mendel, Nicks, Nielsen, Novoselic, Shiflett, Smear, Springfield, Taylor, Ving, Wilk
Thursday, March 14 at 8:00 PM
Stubb's (801 Red River)
Friday, March 15 8:00 PM
ACL LIve at the Moody Theater (310 Willie Nelson Blvd)
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Wednesday, March 13 at 7:45 PM
Stubb's (801 Red River)
and more shows to be announced soon!
To determine which SXSW badge holders will be admitted to these shows, SXSW will conduct a number of ticket drawings, which grant priority entry to some high-demand shows for Platinum and Music Badge Holders only. No other credentials are eligible to enter these drawings.
While these drawings remain open, Platinum and Music Badge Holders can log into SXsocial, activate their account if they have not done so already, click the “Ticket Drawings” tab and enter any of the drawings for the shows they are interested in attending.
After the drawing ends, the randomly-selected winners will be sent an email with further instructions no later than 24 hours before the show. Winners will be instructed where to obtain their tickets for the shows while they last. Entrants who are not selected will also be notified by email at this time.
For certain shows, there may be space available for badges without tickets subject to capacity. No SXXpress passes will be available for these designated shows.
A limited number of SXSW wristbands may also be eligible for tickets through a separate process which will be announced closer to the dates of the shows. Watch your email.
Please read the FAQ below to answer additional questions.
1. How do I enter the drawing?
Platinum and Music Badge Holders can go to their activated SXsocial account, click the “Ticket Drawings” tab and enter each drawing while entry remains open.
2. Where and when will I be picking up my ticket?
Drawing winners will be notified by email when and where to claim their tickets.
3. Will individual tickets be sold at the door?
4. Can I enter the drawing if I do not have a Platinum or Music badge?
5. If I win a ticket in the drawing can I bring my plus one?
No. Tickets will only be assigned to individuals.
6. I don’t want to go to the show if I can’t bring my plus one. What should I do?
Please don’t enter the drawings.
7. What if I win the drawing, but can’t go? Can I give my ticket to my friend?
No. Tickets will need to match your credential which will also be scanned at the doors of the venue. There will be no transfers.
8. Why are there so many rules?
To avoid any way that tickets can go to scalpers.
9. Is there an age restriction for this show?
No, the venue will admit all ages.
10. How early do I need to get in line for good seats?
All ticket locations are good and will be randomly distributed at ticket pick-up.
11. When will the location of the venue be announced?
No later than 24 hours before the shows.
12. I'm a journalist credentialed through SXSW, who should I contact?
Please email: email@example.com. This does not apply to Depeche Mode and Prince.
13. Can I enter the drawing more than once?
No. You are only allowed to enter each drawing once and then you're done.
If your question is not answered in the FAQ, please do NOT call the SXSW offices. Instead, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.