The Austin Convention Center -- home base for SXSW conference and trade show activities every March -- is in the heart of downtown Austin. The surrounding area crackles with urban energy and features the great venues and restaurants of the 6th Street, Red River, Warehouse and Rainey Districts. Downtown hotels...
- Singing the blues for the music scene
Story from Aljazeera America.
- Filmmaker Marguerite de Bourgoing on hip-hop and the internet
Interview from Gigaom.
- 5 Seconds Of Summer debuts at number one
Chart watch from Billboard. ...
Were you walking your dog, sitting in traffic or doing something that otherwise prevented you from catching one of the shows on SXSWfm this week? Never fear — the SXSWfm Weekly Recap is here to save the day. Every week, we'll fill you in on what you missed throughout the...
- Piracy police hijack ads on copyright-infringing websites
Post from CNET.
- The story of Live Nation Labs
Post from Gigaom.
- Fashion Meets Music Festival pulls R. Kelly from lineup
Story from Columbus Dispatch. ...
Did you hear about the SXSW Interactive Scholarship Program but felt that time was running out? Never fear, because we are extending the deadline to 11:59 pm on July 31, 2014 to make sure that we get as many quality entries from individuals using innovative technology and new media...
Some of the Alumni Films included this week are:
- GETTING BACK TO ABNORMAL
Continue for complete list with trailers and more info.
Playing drums and being the lead singer in a band must be pretty tough, but, as an audience member, it’s also a lot of fun to watch. Los Angeles duo Papa is no exception to this. Although they were childhood friends while growing up in LA, Darren Weiss and...
- TicketNetwork settles deceptive marketing complaint
Story from NY Times.
- Conservative Blackburn finds harmony with music industry
Story from The Tennessean.
- Shoutcast relaunches with new hosted streaming service
Post from Gigaom. ...