- Commercial bond between bands and brands is deepening
Story from LA Times.
- Trial over Apple's digital rights management for iPod starts today
Post from Ars Technica.
- Bro-Country may be a bellwether of Nashville's future
Story from Variety. ...
As the dust settles from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, SXSWfm is celebrating Giving Tuesday! #GivingTuesday - which was started in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation - is a day where charities, families and businesses come together to celebrate generosity and give...
Of all the hot button issues that will be discussed during the 2015 SXSW Music Conference, perhaps none are more timely than royalties, licensing or copyright.
Space is the place! COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey transported SXSW audiences around the universe during the 2014 Film Festival. The creative team behind the series, including host and astrophysicist extraordinaire Neil deGrasse Tyson, was on hand to present the Episodic screening....
Some of the Alumni Films included this month are:
- BEFORE I DISAPPEAR
- THE DESERT
- THE DOG
Continue for complete list with trailers and more info.
- What's the point of YouTube Music Key?
Post from Lifehacker.
- The Orchard dumps SoundExchange, goes direct ot Sirius XM for royalties
Post from Hypebot.
- Australian streaming service Big Pond to close
Post from CNET. ...
There’s just something about distorted guitars. Like a dose of caffeine, a song with the right amount of fuzz can be energizing, refreshing and inspiring. These four SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists exhibit slightly different influences with one common thread - fuzz and distortion.