New year, new mentors! We're excited to add fresh names to the current list of 2015 SXSW Film Mentors. Always an attendee favorite, mentor sessions provide a direct connection to experienced filmmakers and industry leaders.
- Universal launches Global Music Data Alliance
Post from Complex.
- Google announces 'Cast' line of home audio products
Post from Ars Technica.
- Nick Cave announces skateboard collection
Story from Billboard. ...
It's a new year, which means it's time to gear up for the SXSW Music Festival! We're kicking 2015 off with four Australian artists who have all been making big waves over the past few years.
Kick off your SXSW experience with the SXsports Golf Challenge at Topgolf! On the Thursday evening before the festival starts, tee off with fellow attendees for a night of competition and fun at the driving range.
We’re thrilled to announce Mazda as the official automobile of SXSW for the next three years.
They’ll be deep in the heart of the Texas-sized action to help you connect, watch, listen and of course eat your way across the live music and BBQ capital of the world.
- Top album of 2014 depends on how you count
Story from NY Times.
- 2014 was another bad year for music sales
Post from Gigaom.
- How the control queen lost her touch when the media went social
Story from ...
- Joe Cocker dies
Obituary from NY Times.
- Why is pop still popular in 2014?
Essay from Vanyaland.
- Global Music Rights threatens to sue YouTube over 20,000 songs
Post from Holllywood Reporter. ...
In this week’s Speaker Spotlight edition we turn to Mathew Levy, the Senior Director of Sales and Acquisitions at Passion River Films. Mat, along with representatives from Screen Media Films, Tugg, Breaking Glass Pictures and Oscilliscope Labs, will talk release strategies and numbers in their Secret is Out! Distributors...