Dive bars are pretty much our M.O. in Austin, and one of the best is celebrating its 40th anniversary. With a blazing yellow and green marquee perched atop its entrance, Hole in the Wall has proved itself to be a staple in the local bar and music scene.
We're sad to report that Memphis Soul mainstay Mabon 'Teenie' Hodges has passed away due to complications from emphysema.
- House panel continues music licensing hearing today
Post from The Hill.
- Indie music's digital drag
Story from NY Times.
- Patrick Haggerty carries on the spirit of Lavender Country
Story from Chicago Reader. ...
SXSWedu convenes education's most innovative leaders from all backgrounds to connect, collaborate, create and change how we teach and learn. Each year SXSWedu looks to the community for new programming ideas. Using PanelPicker, a crowd-sourced programming intake tool, the ideas selected from public submissions ultimately account for more than...
It’s our favorite day of the week here at SXSW HQ - New Music Tuesday! Although we don’t have quite the large selection offered up by SXSW 2014 alumni artists last week, don’t sleep on this week’s list of new releases.
It seems as though this is the week of...
- YouTube's proposed contract with indies published online
Story from The Guardian.
- UK chart to include streaming
Story from BBC News.
- Amazon's first report on Prime music listenership is vague
Post from CNET. ...