Amanda Palmer made news with her successful Kickstarter campaign where she raised a record-breaking $1,192,793 from 24,883 fans to fund her album Theatre is Evil last May.
A few months later, pre-sale tickets for her worldwide tour sold out for every city in hours, and her album debuted on...
- Townshend has no beef with One Direction
Item from NME.
- Earl Sweatshirt and ASAP Ferg present divergent new ideas
Story from NY Times.
- 'Blurred Lines' writers defend against plagiarism claims
Story from BBC News. ...
On August 25th Taco Bell® will debut Hello Everywhere, a new documentary directed by Sam Jones. Check out indie artists Passion Pit and Wildcat! Wildcat! in a behind-the-scenes film that follows these two SXSW performers on their road to Austin.
Featuring backstage access, cameras on the tour bus and crowdsourced...
- Find yourself a city (with a music biz job) to live in
Story from Billboard.biz.
- Top earning DJs listed
Feature from Forbes.
- Charges brought in attack on Lester Chambers
Story from Contra Costa Times. ...
This past Monday and Tuesday, SXSW V2V saw two nights of rock solid music showcases with performances from the likes of 10 amazing up and coming acts.
As connections grew stronger and conversations delved deeper, SXSW V2V opportunities abounded. A full day of sessions led by thought leaders left audiences inspired and eager to take their ideas to the next level.
The Impact of Angel Investors, led by Stephanie Burns, Founder of Chic CEO, uncovered...
- Pandora not outwardly bothered by iTunes Radio
Post from CNET.
- The Civil Wars sell 116k in number one debut
Chart watch from Billboard.
- Live Nation chief sells nearly $12 million in stock
Item from NY Times. ...