Is internet radio ready to take-off? A lot of people will tell you that it already has. Pandora has been around for nearly nine years now, and the company most recently made headlines by announcing that it’s backing off its lobbying efforts to push the Internet Radio Fairness Act...
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis dominated Spotify this year
Story from Variety.
- Prince to headline 2014 Essence Fest
Item from NOLA.com.
- Music services to incorporate images
Post from Gigaom. ...
This week, we're taking you across the world as part of Four on the Floor series with some SXSW 2014 artists hailing all the way from Seoul, South Korea. A mix of SXSW veterans and newcomers, these guys are a testament to the thriving electro-pop, rock and indie scenes...
- Is Phil Collins the godfather of popular culture?
Post from The Guardian.
- French court tells Google and local ISPs to block copyright-infringing sites
Post from Gigaom.
- Bertelsmann digital head Thomas Hesse resigns
Story from The Hollywood Reporter. ...
We hope the start of this holiday season is a happy one for you and yours and that you have much to be thankful for.
If you're looking for a nice gift for that innovation, music and film loving friend or relative, why not send them to SXSW?
Boy, oh Boy! This two-gal band known as BOY, comprised of Valeska Steiner and Sonja Glass, was first picked up by German record label Grönland Records, to help them realize their debut album Mutual Friends back in 2011. They quickly became a hot band with the release of a...
- Pandora gives up on law to reform music royalty rates
Post from Gigaom.
- CMT inks partnership with Clear Channel
Post from Nashville Business Journal.
- Moby talks about releasing tracks on BitTorrent
Interview from Mashable. ...