This past event, the South By Music Festival was lucky enough to make California-based indie record label and store, Burger Records, officially part of the SXSW family. Presenting two nights of music on Austin's hip East Side at Hotel Vegas and The Volstead, the label showcased awesome indie and...
- David Bowie Concert Comeback Is Not in the Cards
Story from Billboard.
- Sgt Pepper's finally goes platinum! (Only 46 years after release)
Story from The Guardian.
- Dancing in the Eternal Present, Before Harsh Reality Intervened
Post from The ...
- Fans Petition to Have Brooklyn Street Named After Notorious BIG
Story from NME.
- Sly Stone: 'Albino Musicians Could Neutralise All the Racial Problems'
Interview from The Guardian.
- Okkervil River Looks Back With 8-Bit Game For 'The Silver Gymnasium'
JD McPherson’s music embodies a classic 1950s rock ‘n’ roll style, and it seems to be paying off for him. His song, “North Side Gal,” has been nominated for Song of the Year for the Americana Music Association’s 2013 Honors and Awards. The song appears on his debut...
- In With the ‘New’: Paul McCartney Album Coming in October
Story from The New York Times.
- New fees for international touring musicians threaten smaller clubs and live venues across Canada
Article from Calgary Herald.
- Justin Timberlake Re-Opens Maxwell's for ...
October is just around the corner and we're busy finalizing the exciting schedule of sessions, speakers and special events for SXSW Eco. Highlights for this week include:
- Signups now open for SXSW Eco Ignite presented by SURGE Accelerator. This 2-hour event will connect leading investors to the most ...
Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Caspian's bass player Chris Friedrich after the band announces his sudden passing.