The careers of James Williamson and Buzz Osborne are interwoven in many respects, but mostly in a musical sense. Williamson, as guitarist of The Stooges, played a major role in pioneering the punk sound that later influenced Osborne. King Buzzo built on those punk rock roots with the Melvins and...
- Celebrating 30 years of Def Jam
Post from NY Times Arts Beat.
- Intel teams up with 50 Cent to launch heartbeat-monitoring earphones
Post from The Guardian.
- How to make sure your fans see new content (without being annoying)
Before filming started on "The Osbournes," Sharon Osbourne appeared at SXSW 2001 in a featured interview conducted by Rolling Stone's David Fricke.
- PROs want US to lift World War II-era consent decrees
Post from Gigaom.
- Danzig loses Misfits merch money lawsuit
Story from Billboard.
- The flops of 2014
Story from LA Times. ...
Lyrics are arguably the most important aspect of the rap game; having someone else write your verses is pretty much a cardinal sin. From creating slang to penning clever lines, rappers challenge their vocabularies each time they hit a writing session. But, after decades of productions from many rap masterminds,...
- CD Baby serves as an anti-label
Story from NY Times.
- Cecil Taylor swindled out of $500k
Post from The Gothamist.
- New proposal suggests all albums worldwide be released on a Friday
Item from NME. ...