** The extended deadline passed on November 11, 2012. If you have any questions about the deadline, please contact Chris Valentine. **
Enter Your Project in SXSW Accelerator. The SXSW Accelerator application fee is $200. All applications must be submitted no later than Friday, November 9, 2012. Please read below for application details.
- A company’s product / service must have launched no earlier than March, 15, 2012.
- A company’s product / service must not be launched after June 15, 2013.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product / services to the SXSW Accelerator event. Companies who submit more than one product / services will not be eligible to participate in the SXSW Accelerator event.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
- Product or service must fall within one of the Accelerator event categories.
- For interactive related technology company entries, please apply to the Interactive Accelerator.
For the SXSW Accelerator during the Music Conference, companies must fall within this description:
This category pertains to applications and technologies specifically designed for the use of musicians and the music business. These companies seek to advance the creation, distribution and promotion of recorded music, to facilitate licensing and payment for use of recordings, or to aid in the booking, logistics and promotion of live performances.
PLEASE NOTE: SXSW reserves the right to place company applicants in the most relevant category at SXSW's sole discretion. This includes changing an applicant's category based on response to the event and/or the applicant organization choosing a non-relevant category.
All preliminary application information that is submitted is confidential and will be only viewed by SXSW Music staff and the selected judging panelist.
A non-refundable $200 entry fee is required from all applicants who would like to be considered for participation in the event. All Accelerator entrants will be given the chance to register to attend SXSW Music at the lowest early bird rate, if they are not chosen as an Accelerator finalist.
No refund will be given to any application that has been submitted. If you have any concerns regarding our fees and/or the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting an application. If you wish to register before being notified by SXSW on your status as an applicant to the SXSW Accelerator event you will not be eligible for a refund.
Have more questions? Read the FAQ.
The extended deadline passed on November 11, 2012. If you have any questions about the deadline, please contact Chris Valentine.