- Jail Guitar Doors brings guitars and music to inmates
Story from CNN.
- Yonder bundles download sales with smartphone fees
Story from NY Times.
- Americana nominees list shows younger side
Story from USA Today. ...
What is event cinema? It really just boils down to “alternative film content.” For Grant Calton, John Rubey and Kymberli Frueh-Owens, it means more than just that vague descriptor - it’s about bringing rock music and musicians to the big screen all over the world.
- Apple said to be in talks to buy Beats
Post from NY Times Dealbook.
- Music industry turning up DC volume in copyright war
Post from Politico.
- Labels must be more transparent on artist compensation from streaming services
Welcome to SXSW Eco Forward, where we take a look at what initiatives past SXSW Eco speakers and organizations are working on now. Today we're highlighting two previous keynotes, “The Story of Stuff” creator, Annie Leonard (2012), and street artist Shepard Fairey (2013).