- Zoe Keating shares info on streaming royalties
Story from The Guardian.
- Beats eyes deal to ditch HTC and find new investor
Post from CNET.
- Chicago music scene was an early crucible for civil rights
Post from MLB.com. ...
Amanda Palmer made news with her successful Kickstarter campaign where she raised a record-breaking $1,192,793 from 24,883 fans to fund her album Theatre is Evil last May.
A few months later, pre-sale tickets for her worldwide tour sold out for every city in hours, and her album debuted on...
- Townshend has no beef with One Direction
Item from NME.
- Earl Sweatshirt and ASAP Ferg present divergent new ideas
Story from NY Times.
- 'Blurred Lines' writers defend against plagiarism claims
Story from BBC News. ...
On August 25th Taco Bell® will debut Hello Everywhere, a new documentary directed by Sam Jones. Check out indie artists Passion Pit and Wildcat! Wildcat! in a behind-the-scenes film that follows these two SXSW performers on their road to Austin.
Featuring backstage access, cameras on the tour bus and crowdsourced...
- Find yourself a city (with a music biz job) to live in
Story from Billboard.biz.
- Top earning DJs listed
Feature from Forbes.
- Charges brought in attack on Lester Chambers
Story from Contra Costa Times. ...
This past Monday and Tuesday, SXSW V2V saw two nights of rock solid music showcases with performances from the likes of 10 amazing up and coming acts.