Only in his mid-twenties, Mississippi born and raised feel-good pop rocker Dent May has already made a name for himself within the indie music community. May first hit the stages of SXSW in 2012, performing on the Paw Tracks/Carpark Records showcase, then returned for the 2013 event to perform...
- Zoe Keating shares info on streaming royalties
Story from The Guardian.
- Beats eyes deal to ditch HTC and find new investor
Post from CNET.
- Chicago music scene was an early crucible for civil rights
Post from MLB.com. ...
Amanda Palmer made news with her successful Kickstarter campaign where she raised a record-breaking $1,192,793 from 24,883 fans to fund her album Theatre is Evil last May.
A few months later, pre-sale tickets for her worldwide tour sold out for every city in hours, and her album debuted on...
- Townshend has no beef with One Direction
Item from NME.
- Earl Sweatshirt and ASAP Ferg present divergent new ideas
Story from NY Times.
- 'Blurred Lines' writers defend against plagiarism claims
Story from BBC News. ...
On August 25th Taco Bell® will debut Hello Everywhere, a new documentary directed by Sam Jones. Check out indie artists Passion Pit and Wildcat! Wildcat! in a behind-the-scenes film that follows these two SXSW performers on their road to Austin.
Featuring backstage access, cameras on the tour bus and crowdsourced...
- Find yourself a city (with a music biz job) to live in
Story from Billboard.biz.
- Top earning DJs listed
Feature from Forbes.
- Charges brought in attack on Lester Chambers
Story from Contra Costa Times. ...