- Secondary ticket sales sites hit by fraud
Story from BBC News.
- Audiam shares details on plans to get royalties from YouTube plays
Story from LA Times.
- Why is TV so bad at music shows?
Story from The ...
The SXSW Housing Department has been getting loads of questions from people excited about getting an early start on making their plans for SXSW 2014 next March -- especially our upcoming launch of the online registration & housing processes. If you have also been wondering what to do about your...
SXSW V2V offers plenty of amazing panel content, with titles such as "The Impact of Angel Investors," "How to be More Human in an Always-On World" and "How Technology is Transforming Global Commerce." But the ability to create meaningful connections with industry insiders is perhaps even more valuable...
- Aimee Mann sues MediaNet in copyright dispute
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- Russell Simmons launches YouTube-based label All Def
Post from CNET.
- Barclay Center tops venue ticket sales for first half of 2013
Post from NY Times ...
Guest post by Noah Kuttler
After watching hundreds of PanelPicker proposal videos for SXSW 2013, I am now even more convinced that a great video can sell voters on your proposal in the same way that a poor video will turn them away.
If you are looking to do...
Enter your awesome speaking idea into the SXSW PanelPicker by 11:59 pm CST on Friday, July 26 before this interface shuts down for the 2014 season. While your proposal should include large doses of innovative thinking, also bear in mind the importance of diversity. This means that if you...
- Google, Facebook and Apple set to battle for your ears
Story from Santa Cruz Sentinel.
- Spotify research shows music festivals increase online piracy
Story from CBR.
- Brands start labels to give away music
Post from Forbes. ...