Welcome to SXSW Live, where we will be streaming and rebroadcasting sessions from this year's conference.
Today's airing's include last night's Foster the People show at Butler Park, Pitchfork's Show No Mercy showcase from March 11 at the Mohawk Outdoor, local up-and-comers from March 11 at the North Door and Foster the People's show in Butler Park.
- Foster the People. The three-time Grammy nominated trio lit the night up.
- North Door: Hikes. These Austinites play self-described "math-folk" music: hard, technical styles with folk music.
- North Door: MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR. Raw garage pop, yes please!
- North Door: Holiday Mountain. A dance-inducing combination of world music, pop and psychedelia.
- North Door: Zorch. Electronica gets innovative and groovy with this duo.
- North Door: SORNE. This avant garde house musician incorporates dance and visual arts for a truly experimental performance.
- North Door: The Octopus Project. Multimedia elements and amazing electronic music make this band a local must-see.
- Mohawk: Iron Reagan. Iron Reagan brings the speed metal hard.
- Mohawk: Windhand. The lovechild of doom metal and stoner metal.
- Mohawk: Christian Mistress. Intense vocals layer over this classic rock and heavy metal hybrid.
- Mohawk: Power Trip. Feel the thrash (metal) from this Dallas band.
- Mohawk: Kylesa. Metal gets sludgier and psyched out with this Olympia band.
Foster the People photo by Dustin Finkelstein / Getty Images