Shades of Bowie color Australian crooner Kirin J Callinan's music but the lad seems pretty one of a kind, and I've heard his live shows are epic and amazing.
Callinan used to play in the Sydney-based band Mercy Arms but has ventured out on his own with fewer clothes and a new album, Embracism.
Have a gander at his sparse but interesting (could be a descriptor for the man, as well) LPQ.
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Kirin J Callinan
Do you have any nicknames? Yes. A few. Including "Todd".
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I never had a girlfriend or boyfriend at 15. Still don't.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Odd question. Probably The Riddler. Kinda fun for a president.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Dragon Ball Z. Definitely.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Russia.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Not an Idiut: The Kirin J Callinan Story
Well I don't know much, if anything, about the vast majority of acts performing, so I'm just going to list my close friends here (Seekae, Gary Numan, and The Growl), give 'em a little plug here, ya know?
Hope you're all having a mighty fine Wednesday. We're nine days out from the start of SXSW so that's pretty f'ing crazy, no? If you are enjoying the LP Questionnaire there's plenty more to see here.
Like dolphins can swim, lp