Dave Symes plays bass for Boy & Bear. He has an extremely impressive website/discography/face. In addition to playing bass, Mr. Symes has been a composer, arranger and producer on various projects. Also, sometimes he admits to wearing Thai fisherman pants.
Now we're coming at you with...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Dave Symes
Do you have any nicknames? It’s a very Aussie nickname. Basically take your last name and put a y or an o on the end. Mine is Symesy :)
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I’ve always been into old soul music and when I was 15 I thought it was a fine way to attract the ladies. Not sure I did that well! So there would probably be some Al Green “Love and Happiness”, Otis Redding "I’ve got dreams to remember” and Ray Charles "I Got a Woman."
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Dr Evil from Austin Powers would be someone worth laughing at for a change.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Astro Boy.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? The ability to know when to leave a party.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? "How low can you go" or "Rock Bottom". No wait, that makes me sound like I’ve had a really hard life. How about "Walking Bass" Tales on the road from South to North.
Three acts I know nothing about. I like surprises when hearing new music so will be looking to the unknown! It’s great to get lost at a festival like this and find something new that inspires you.
More of these bad boys to be found in the LPQ archive. As always, we are all over this world wide web on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, waiting to virtually interact with all of you lovely (virtual) people. LP is on the Twitter as well.
Storm's a comin', EW
Photo courtesy of the artist