Dee Dee Penny is the über chic leopard pillbox hat-wearing leader of lo-fi pop band Dum Dum Girls.
Dum Dum Girls just released their third album Too True, a record chock-full of some of the darkest and dreamiest vibes around, recalling artists like Suede, Siouxsie and the Banchees, and Madonna. They're playing many times around this city for SXSW, so none of us have an excuse to miss them.
Miss Penny told us "I snatch kisses and vice-versa." Very cool.
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Dee Dee Penny
Do you have any nicknames? Yes
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
"Into The Groove(y)" by Ciccone Youth
"Boys Don't Cry" by The Cure
"Anchor Song" by Björk
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Catwoman
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Batman
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Flight
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Sing Your Life
Dark and dreamy sounds delicious, EW
Photo courtesy of the artist