Pujol is the brainchild of Daniel Pujol. A seminal group in Nashville's underground music scene, Pujol stand out for their noisy rock power and Daniel's growling vocals. Also the band name is quite clearly his last name, which is a capital idea because he should never have to hear that pesky question "Where'd you get your band's name from?"
Daniel has two rabbits named Spooky and Scully and a master's degree in global affairs.
Some other things you might not know: he's recently started building models out of garbage, was born with a hole in his left eardrum and signs off his emails as "Puj," but I definitely think he should just go for it and move on up to "The Puj."
He kindly took some time away from his rabbits and garbage models to answer...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Daniel Pujol
Do you have any nicknames? People called me Quarantine in high school because I got sick so much. I was extremely allergic to the mold in my school's ceiling tiles. When I wasn't sick, people just called me Pujol or Puj. That's why I named this project Pujol.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. It's 2001. She's probably going to get Rush by Big Audio Dynamite II, Love My Way by the Psychedelic Furs, and Hateful by the Clash.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? That election year's largest, robot-making computer company.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Rocko's Modern Life.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Invisibility.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction
Big thanks to The Puj (seriously, consider it) for answering our humble questionnaire. And thanks for joining us today, where we are but seven days away from this party getting started.
So amaze, EW