Did you know that James Carbonetti of Caveman makes the most beautiful guitars? He cuts the wood, winds the pickups, and does everything by hand.
Caveman's mellow good sounds are like meditation... listen along and all the noise drains away leaving you lost in the notes and soft sounds that reverberate with a hint of the 70s... cinnamon and smoke.
James plays guitar in the band (surprise) and told us, "We're so excited for SXSW, it's always so much fun playing as many shows as possible and spread the positive energy running into old friends from around the world and making new ones. Let's get weird."
You can get weird with Caveman several times during the fest.
Please to enjoy his take on...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: James "Cobra" Carbonetti
Do you have any nicknames? Cobra, Pickles, Slam-Town, Stef-Town USA, Jeffery-Slapit Barrell
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
The Year was 2001, the vibe was strong...
1. Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion II - Pretty Tied Up
2. Porno For Pyros - Cursed Female
3. Prince 1999 - Lady Cab Driver
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Jack Nicholson as The Joker
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? The Snorks. The under water vibe was huge.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? It would be great to fly so I could check out the infinite vibe of the universe.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? How Many Miles...?
Heaven: My best dudes from NYC, best way to start the night is a Gauntlet at Mercury.
Ash: Tim is a champ and always a great vibe.
Haim: Good friends with our dude Austin Peters, we've partied.
Thanks, as ever, for reading. If you have enjoyed today's offering, there's more to be found right here.
Are you scared to wear your heart out on your sleeve, lp