The Orwells are pretty adorbs. Let's face it. The quintet aren't even old enough to drink, yet they've already taken the garage punk world by storm and show no signs of slowing down.
These kiddos all grew up in the same town, have been playing music together for four years and currently live in Elmhurst, IL, which is 20 minutes outside of Chicago, if you didn't know. Their debut album Remember When is the perfectly fuzzy rock and roll soundtrack to any and every killer basement/garage/backyard party, so wild you'll be hoping no one's called the cops on you.
You can party with these dudes tonight at 1am at Latitude 30.
Bassist Grant Brinner took some time out from being so dang cute and rockin' to answer...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Grant Brinner
Do you have any nicknames? Mario- Goldie locks, Grant- Gbaby, Henry- Hank, Matt- Baby Chuck.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. When I was 15 it would have been 2010. Three songs that would have gone on the mix tape would have been “Meet Me in the Bathroom” -The Strokes, “Hospital”- The Modern Lovers, and “My Neck My Back” -Khia.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? LeBron James.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Hey Arnold!
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Invisibility.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Rocking Out with the Lord
Well, that's all she wrote, folks, for this year's LPQ/P3s. You can catch them all here and I'll post an honor roll next week. Yup, SXSW never ends, people.