Have you ever gotten scabies from a hotel room? Fat Tony has.
Fat Tony (government name: Anthony Obi) hails from Houston, Texas. When he isn't busy eating lemongrass tofu or being a regular customer at Whataburger, he can be found concocting some of the dopest underground raps today. His effortless delivery over his oft-collaboration partner Tom Cruz's hypnotic tracks show why Fat Tony has racked up nods from A$AP Rocky and Bun B to the Houston Music Press Awards as a three-time winner of their "Best Underground Hip Hop" title.
You can (read: should) catch Fat Tony on Wednesday March 13 at 12:15am at The Stage on Sixth Patio and again Friday March 15 at 1:15am at Hotel Vegas.
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Fat Tony
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I'm a wee little 15 year old chap in '92, and I'm putting these songs on a tape for my bae so she gets the message loud & clear. 'Cause I heard if you don't use it, you lose it.
Color Me Badd - "I Wanna Sex You Up"
Salt-N-Pepa - "Let's Talk About Sex"
TLC - "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? The Joker. He's got the testicular fortitude to take on whatever comes his way. And he got hella charisma (i.e., "swag").
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? The Simpsons, easily. Bad ass Bart Simpson was my role model.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? I wish I could fly like Superman so I'd never sit in Houston traffic ever again.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Smart Ass Black Boy For Dummies
Thanks for stopping by. You can catch up with more of these fine question and answer sessions here.