Today's Throw Back is the always forward-looking Wayne Kramer. SXSW has had the pleasure of presenting musician and activist Wayne Kramer as a showcasing artist and speaker many times, starting with a rambunctious MC5 panel in 1999. This past March, he spoke on the Fifty Years of the Rolling...
- Music licensing from a songwriter's perspective
Post by Paul Williams from Re/Code.
- Rock In Rio founder plans fest in Vegas
Story from NY Times.
- Google tells Drowned In Sound to censor album cover art
Story from The Independent. ...
One of the questions I’m most frequently asked is whether I have any advice for artists who are planning to apply for SXSW.
Let’s start from the beginning. The application process is actually pretty simple. If you are an artist interested in performing at SXSW 2015, you must complete...
- ICP loses gang lawsuit
Story from AP via Detroit News.
- Jackson Browne and Loretta Lynn to receive Americana awards
Story from The Tennessean.
- The story of 'Rock Around The Clock'
Post from The Telegraph. ...
Artist applications for the 2015 SXSW Music Festival are now open!
Apply via Sonicbids before Friday, September 12 and save: the application fee from July 8 through September 12 is just $33. The fee for applications submitted after September 12 is $45. The final application deadline is Friday, October 10....
- Taylor Swift breaks down the music biz
Commentary from Wall Street Journal.
- YouTube pacts with Music Vault to add concert videos
Post from CNET.
- Ringo celebrates 74th birthday
Story from LA Times. ...
And we’re back! After a (large) dip in new music releases last week, probably due to the 4th of July holiday here in the US, eight SXSW Showcasing Artist alumni are releasing brand new albums this week. For the first time this summer, we’re including all SXSW alumni acts going...