- Damon Albarn, Future Islands and The Strypes win SXSW's 2014 Grulke Prize
Story from Rolling Stone.
- Fan videos make labels more money than official videos
Story from The Star.
- Michael Robertson held liable in music copyright case
- RIAA report: US music sales down 0.3% in 2013, while streaming revenues increase
Post from Music Ally.
- What Viacom has to show for seven years of pursuing YouTube
Analysis from Billboard.
- The price of music
Post from ReCode. ...
- Vigils honor victims of tragedy
Story from USA Today.
- Tragedy at SXSW: This can’t be about hip-hop and race
Post from Arts and Labor
- A new model for music: Big bands, big brands
Overview from NY Times/Carr. ...
Good morning! We hope you enjoyed the festival and found inspiration, opportunity, new friends and fun.
If you're still here there are some very nice activities planned for your Sunday.
- Eat barbecue and watch your industry pals battle it out at the 28th annual SXSW Barbecue and Softball ...
Soul Clap is the most popular soul dance party in the world, playing to more people in more places than any other. Jonathan Toubin is bringing the Soul Clap to the Palm Door on Sixth (508 E 6th St) for the free official SXSW closing party this Sunday, March...
Tens of thousands of people came together over the past five days and nights to celebrate the art and the power of music at SXSW. The final full day of SXSW Music on Saturday illustrated this more than any other night of the festival.
Some bands played two shows, others...