What is event cinema? It really just boils down to “alternative film content.” For Grant Calton, John Rubey and Kymberli Frueh-Owens, it means more than just that vague descriptor - it’s about bringing rock music and musicians to the big screen all over the world.
- Apple said to be in talks to buy Beats
Post from NY Times Dealbook.
- Music industry turning up DC volume in copyright war
Post from Politico.
- Labels must be more transparent on artist compensation from streaming services
Welcome to SXSW Eco Forward, where we take a look at what initiatives past SXSW Eco speakers and organizations are working on now. Today we're highlighting two previous keynotes, “The Story of Stuff” creator, Annie Leonard (2012), and street artist Shepard Fairey (2013).
- Berry and Sellars are Polar laureates
Story from BBC News.
- Muve music service is said to be up for sale by AT&T
Story from NY Times.
- Musicians on Google
Post from The Guardian. ...
Last week, our friends over at IFC hit the refresh button. What does this mean for all of us Always On, Slightly Off fans? Don't panic, they'll still have the usual line up of refreshingly offbeat shows...
It’s Tuesday again, which means another slew of great new releases from some of our SXSW 2014 Showcasing Artists.