Music nightclubs are ephemeral undertakings, subject to changing tastes and property values. At 315 Bowery in New York, Hilly Kristal opened CBGB in 1973. The scuzzy room where the bar offered the only creature comfort was the center of punk rock scene, presenting the early shows of Blondie, Talking Heads,...
- Silicon Vallley fuels music industry revival
Story from CBS Marketwatch.
- Six key takeaways from this week's massive copyright decision
Story from Billboard.
- Urban Outfitters say they're the biggest vinyl retailer
Post from Pitchfork. ...
- Bob Dylan to be honored as MusiCares Person Of The Year
Story from USA Today.
- AC/DC: Malcolm Young will not return to the band
Story from BBC News.
- The world's highest-paid hip hop acts
Listicle from Forbes. ...
We are excited to announce actress, model and humanitarian Molly Sims will be moderating the session, "Toxins All Around Us: Safe, the New Sustainable at SXSW Eco this year.
- Apple's plans for Beats streaming service are still unclear
Story from NY Times.
- Federal judge rules in favor of The Turtles in SiriusXM dispute
Post from Gigaom.
- Looking at Nashville's live music ecosystem
Story from Nashville Scene. ...
New Tuesday, new music. We have a plethora of fresh offerings from SXSW Music alumni hitting shelves today! After running to the record store (or making a few clicks) to pick some of these up, make sure to tune into SXSWfm to catch a bunch of these artists in...
The Music, Film and Interactive Conferences have introduced their own weekly community newsletters. Whether your interests lie in music, film, tech or all three, you can now sign up for conference-specific updates sent straight to your inbox every Thursday....