Artists, it’s time to begin making your plans for SXSW 2015! Artist applications for the 2015 SXSW Music Festival will open next Tuesday, July 8.
SXSW Music Conference PanelPicker opens on July 1, and closes on July 25. Here are some helpful tips from our staff on creating a successful submission. We can't wait to hear your great ideas for 2015!
- Bobby Womack dies
Obituary from Variety.
- Bobby Womack's legacy was an uncompromising soul sound
Tribute from The Root.
- Will music biz evolve past payola in streaming age?
Post from Ars Technica. ...
England may be out of the World Cup, but they do have something to celebrate this weekend: Glastonbury Festival, which kicked off on Thursday.
While the English and those who can afford the travel costs to Glastonbury Festival enjoy living in "a mini-state under canvas" for the next couple...
- Katy Perry named RIAA's top all-time digital artist
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- NEA names four new Jazz Masters
Post from NY Times Arts Beat.
- YouTube launches music show on Sirius XM
Story from Rolling Stone. ...