As part of SXSW’s ongoing commitment to global outreach, we are continuing to develop our unique international B2B networking service, the Platinum Connection. This elite program matches international companies with expertly selected US companies and facilitates 1- on -1 meetings between business decision makers.
- Sony Entertainment hires Bain to cut costs
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- Russian court rules that Lady Gaga promoted homosexuality onstage
Story from The Guardian.
- Arcade Fire issue audience dress code for arena tour
Item from NME. ...
- Nashville and Google spar over piracy
Post from The Tennessean.
- Sony label Madison Gate finds success with Pentatonix
Story from NY Times.
- 'Good Ol' Freda' tells stories of Beatlemania
Feature from The Guardian. ...
Mixing modern musical elements with traditional, folk elements is nothing new (review Fairport Convention for one excellent example). As with any mixture, the whole represents more than the sum of its parts while the parts retain their own substantive identity. This same chemistry is present within Argentine/Uruguayan natives Bajofondo...
We're very excited to note that SXSW 2014 will mark a breakout performance from Norwegian psych/blues rock band, Atlanter. The Oslo based quartet consists of singer/guitarist Jens Carelius, known for his unique fingerpicking skills, singer/guitarist Arild Hammerø, drummer Jonas Barsten Johnsen, and bassist Morten Kvam....
- Rap Genius and Sony/ATV announce licensing deal
Story from Billboard.
- CBS and Grammys to celebrate 50th anniversary of Beatles on Sullivan show
Post from NY Times.
- What do we learn from all of The Who reissues?
Post from ...