Welcome to the LP Questionnaire, special SXSW V2V Edition! In the coming days we'll be featuring many of the lovely talents who will be showcasing at our new event in Las Vegas taking place next week. (August 11-14, to be exact.) Its not too late to make your way to the desert for some heady times at The Cosmopolitan.
The good people of SXSW Music have put together two nights of fine sounds for you and your friends. If you're headed to V2V or if you're in Vegas, head on down to The Backstage Bar and Billiards.
First up is Mr. Jackie Chain, a half Korean, half Irish rapper who just moved to Los Angeles. He just dropped his new mixtape, the Bruce Lean Chronicles 2.
He has fresh beats and loves bacon.
And here is his...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Jackie Chain
Do you have any nicknames? Aka Mr VIP, aka Bruce Lean, aka Johnny Cash, aka Mr Fuckedyomainbitch.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. The year is 1998. I got Outkast "West Savannah", UGK "Diamonds and Wood" (even though it had been out awhile it's an instant classic), and Goodie Mob "Black Ice."
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Dr Evil. We would have sharks with frickin' laser beams in their head.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Thundercats was pretty dope.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? I would wanna live forever. Is that a super power? If not it should be.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Ain't Slept in Weeks!
Thanks for joining us and please do come again next week when we've got LPQs from Kisses, Dizzy Wright, Palmbonen and more.
It's like hot sauce out there, lp
Photo courtesy of the Artist