Welcome to the LP Questionnaire, special SXSW V2V Final Edition!
It's the second evening of hot time, summer in the city as V2V continues to amaze and delight those who made the trek to Las Vegas.
Los Angeles band Nightmare Air bring their seductive sounds to the desert air tonight at The Backstage Bar and Billiards. Fronted by Swaan Miller and Dave Dupuis, theirs will be a set you don't want to say you missed.
Bassist/vocalist Dupuis shattered his skull in 1994 in a mosh-pit and has wires holding it all together. He is possessed of a large pair of feet (size 15) and therefore has only one pair of non-sneakers for the occasional wedding/funeral. It seems possible that either of these things could also contribute to the fact that he often trips on flat ground.
Dave loves pineapple frappes and when loud music can take you places in your mind.
Please to read his very enjoyable...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Dave Dupuis
Do you have any nicknames? People call me Double-D, others call me dude...most call me Dave.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. The year is 1992 (and yes I'm still playing rock and roll today). Big year in music thanks but no thanks to the soundtrack to the movie Singles being blasted from every f*cked up bald wheeled hatch back in the parking lot of my New Hampshire High School.
Even though I was already an "alternative" kid at that point that soundtrack was an important for me thanks to the Zeppelin cover the band The Lovemongers did on the record. Very soon after it was Zeppelin and Sabbath for the rest of the summer in my own bald wheeled hatchback.
Janes Addiction - Three Days
Alice in Chains - Would
Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Hannibal Lecter. He's charismatic and intelligent but is also used to being trapped in cell with his hands tied similar to the political position our Presidents are stuck in.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Tom and Jerry simply because it was ALWAYS on!
4. What superpower do you wish you had? The one where you can push a button and go back in time 1 minute so I could stop always putting my foot in my mouth.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? LIfe Happens
Thanks for joining us here and in the city that sin calls home. If you'd like to read either of the nice LPQ's that tonight's showcasing artists Kisses and Tashaki Miyaki did, you may do so here.
We're leaving together, lp
Photo courtesy of the artist