Good morning to all of you SXSW peeps out there. Today is the first full day of Music programming, so get ready for a whole lot of great happenings.
- Last day of the Trade Show. Don't miss out on the wonderful vendors and goings-on of the trade show.
- Download the free SXSWfm radio app. Take the sounds of our SXSW showcasing artists anywhere and everywhere!
- Today's weather: High 63, low 36. #brrrrr
Film Events 11am-5:30pm
- Grand Jury Award: Narrative Feature. The jury is in: Fort Tilden is the winning SXSW narrative feature.
11am, AMC Theater at VCC
- Soul Boys of the Western World. Catch the world premiere of this riveting Spandau Ballet documentary.
2pm, Paramount Theatre
- AMERICAN INTERIOR. Gruff Rhys heads to America and retraces the steps of his ancestor John Evans.
2pm, Stateside Theatre
- Grand Jury Award: Documentary Feature. Delve into the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion with The Great Invisible, the winning SXSW Documentary Feature.
2pm, AMC Theater at VCC
- Butterfly Girl. This documentary follows teenager Abbie as she comes of age and fights life-threatening skin disease.
4:15pm, Alamo Ritz 1
Music Events 11am-5:40pm
- Radio Day Stage. Radionica Colombia and KCRW are kicking things off!
11am, Ballroom D in ACC
- International Day Stage. Bringing you badass young bands from Portugal, Japan and more!
Noon, Ballroom G in ACC
- SXSW Featured Speaker: Jarvis Cocker. The Pulp frontman will talk growth and development as a songwriter.
12:30pm, Room 18ABC in ACC
- SXSW Interview: Sean "Diddy" Combs. Hear from this famed rapper and entrepreneur about his career and new music channel Revolt TV.
2pm, Room 18ABC in ACC
- SXSW Interview: St. Vincent. The innovative young musician discusses her career and new album.
2pm, Room 16AB in ACC
- SXSW Interview: Blondie. Catch the punk legends in the flesh as they talk about their career, past and present.
3:30pm, Room 18ABC in ACC
- It's Only Rock & Roll: Fifty Years of the Rolling Stones. Explore and examine the legacy of this cornerstone band.
3:30pm, Room 16AB in ACC
Open to the Public Events
- IFC Fairground. They claim to have the tallest slide in Austin. Sounds like a must-see to me.
2pm, Palm Park
SXSW Trade Show photo by Merrick Ales