Kate Berlant is my brand of funny - bizarre and surreal yet completely hilarious. Like if Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim had a little sister you secretly wish was your best friend.
Kate told us that she has zero body modification. That's right - no piercings, tattoos, extra robot arms or any other things. She was an extra on Sister Sister twice and slept at the foot of her parents' bed for years when she was a child.
Lookie here as she takes on...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Kate Berlant
Do you have any nicknames? Was called Kitty all through growing up and still am by some.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
When I was 15 it was 2002 & I was a Jewish virgin
Pavement- "Old to Begin"
White Stripes- "Sugar Never Tasted So Good"
T-Rex- "Spaceball Ricochet"
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Miss Piggy?
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? I never really liked cartoons but I recently re-discovered my favorite Looney Tunes cartoon -- "Wild Wife." It ends with a housewife hitting her husband over the head with a rolling pin.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Limitless horsepower
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Why
Pick Three: Angel Olsen
Where does the time go, EW
Photo by Mindy Tucker