Nate Bargatze is from Tennessee and is a huge Vanderbilt University fan despite the fact that he did not go there.
His father is a former clown who became a world class magician, which is pretty amazes (or terrifying... let's go with amazes).
Nate's won loads of accolades and has been overseas to entertain the troops five times, which makes him pretty rad in my book.
Enjoy his LPQ and don't be missing him at SXSW where he's performing all over the place.
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Nate Bargatze
Do you have any nicknames? My full name is Nathanael and I have gone by Nathan and now Nate. Eventually I will be down to people just clapping at me.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I would have put "Water Runs Dry" and "On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men, and "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio. They would have never made the girl go out with me. I didn't know what I was doing then.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? The Wicked Witch of the West. She could be the first woman president and the flying monkeys would make guys vote for her. Who doesn't want to have someone in charge with flying monkeys flying in the back ground at the State of the Union. Would make those speeches a little more exciting.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Looney Tunes. Bugs Bunny was awesome and Daffy Duck killed it too.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? I would like to be invisible. And really just use it to get past lines faster without anyone noticing. It would just be used for pure convenience.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Nothing to see here. It would tell my stories about growing up and being able to be invisible. And the pages would be blank to go with the theme of my life. It would only sell a couple copies because people would be pretty upset that I didn't write anything.
We hope you enjoyed this very fine LP Questionnaire. There's loads more here, go read 'em, you know you wanna!
We don't have time for that, lp
Photo courtesy of the performer