Welcome, welcome to a wonderful Wednesday night here at SXSW. We've got loads of fabulous offerings for you from Music, Film and Comedy.
Don't forget to bundle up because it's going to be a bit chilly out there... and wear comfortable shoes... and be nice to one another... and drive responsibly... and have some Jeni's Ice Cream for me since I didn't get any today.
Film Events for March 12, 6pm-12:15am
- Leave The World Behind. Grab your Tiger Balm and head on over to the Paramount to say farewell to Swedish House Mafia.
6pm, Paramount Theatre
- JIMI: All Is By My Side. André Benjamin as Jimi Hendrix? Yes, please.
9pm, Paramount Theatre
- May The Best Man Win. Such awkward. Very laughter.
9:30pm, Stateside Theatre
- Midnight Shorts. Late night madness with a Sammy Davis, Jr. impersonator, a stray cat, and two pals called Pumpkin and Bubby.
Music Events for March 12, 7:30pm-2am
- BrooklynVegan Showcase. The show kicks off with Harvey Sid Fisher, which is amazes on all levels.
7:30pm, Red 7 Patio
- NPR Showcase. Damon Albarn and St. Vincent are classin' up the joint.
- Austin Music Awards. Locals make good + sure to be awesome performance from the Youngbloods Choir featuring our very own Christiane Swenson. Also, it's Margaret Moser's last year planning the show so congrats and bon voyage, Margaret. You're a legend!
7:55pm, Austin Ballroom in ACC
- Spandau Ballet. Always believe in your soul, y'all.
12:30am, Vulcan Gas Company
- Tech N9ne. It's Chopper time.
12:15am, The Main
Comedy Events for March 12, 6pm-7:30pm
Open to the Public Events
- SXSW Eco Light Garden. Trip the lights fantastic.
Dusk, Republic Square Park
Terrifying Dude with Violin photo by Merrick Ales