Featured Sessions at SXSW Interactive highlight the top names behind some of the industry's most innovative new trends.
In 2014, SXSW Interactive attendees will gain confidence from Amy Cuddy's advice on positive nonverbal gestures, grow inspired by Ben Rattray's unique approach to igniting global change, take a fresh look at cartooning with Bob Mankoff's crowdsourcing model, learn to balance disconnecting in an always-connected world with Randi Zuckerberg, challenge the model of providing nutrition to the world with Rob Rhinehart's Soylent, and glean advice from long-time entrepreneur Ben Horowitz on building a great company.
See below for the most current list of 2014 Featured Sessions, as generated by the SXSW PanelPicker entry process, Advisory Board feedback and staff curation.
- Biz Stone in conversation with Steven Johnson (Biz Stone, Jelly)
- Body Computing: The Future of Networked Humans (Leslie Saxon, USC Center for Body Computing)
- Computing the Future: MIT Scientists Tell All (Russ Tedrake, MIT)
- Consumer Robots Everywhere: The Next Big Thing (Dmitry Grishin, Grishin Robotics)
- Creativity is the New Literacy (Chase Jarvis, creativeLIVE)
- Crowdsourcing Humor (Bob Mankoff, The New Yorker)
- Disintegration of the World: The Business of APIs (Werner Vogels, Amazon)
- Equipping and Inspiring the Next Generation (Dean Kamen, FIRST/DEKA)
- The Future of Food Processing (Rob Rhinehart, Soylent)
- The Future of Making (Joi Ito, MIT)
- The Growing Impact of Games on Entertainment (Jade Raymond, Ubisoft Toronto)
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things (Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz)
- How Smart Apps Will Revolutionize Computing (Monica Rogati, Jawbone)
- Generation Mash-Up: Y Bother? (Pete Cashmore, Mashable)
- Go Home Marketing, You Are Drunk (Kristina Halvorson, Brain Traffic)
- How Tech Can Reinvent Business As Usual (Ben Rattray, Change.org)
- Hunting for Elephants: Creating Enterprise Value in Sports Media (Peter Guber, Mandalay Sports Media)
- Injecting Computation Everywhere (Stephen Wolfram, Wolfram Research)
- Inventing Tumor Paint: Tapping into Nature’s DNA (Jim Olson, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- Jurgen Klinsmann Presentation
- Lauren Bush Lauren: My FEED Journey (Lauren Bush Lauren, FEED)
- Make Yourself BIG: How the Body Shapes the Mind (Amy Cuddy, Harvard Business School)
- Media & The Personal Brand - ESPN, Grantland & 538 (Bill Simmons, ESPN)
- Owning Identity: A Conversation with Tony Conrad (Tony Conrad, about.me)
- Randi Zuckerberg Presentation (Randi Zuckerberg, Zuckerberg Media & Author of Dot Complicated)
- Smartphones to Healthphones: A Dr. In Your Pocket (Walter De Brouwer, Scanadu)
- Sundar Pichai Conversation with Josh Topolsky (Sundar Pichai, Google)
- Super Fandom in the YouTube Age (Andy Cohen, Bravo)
- What Drives Word of Mouth? (Jonah Berger, The Wharton School, Univ of Penn)
- Without Their Permission (Alexis Ohanian, Reddit)
Look for more incredible Featured Sessions to be added to this list shortly.
Video and Audio Content From 2013 Featured Sessions
Watch and listen to some of the most intriguing Featured Speaker content from SXSW 2013!
Video of 2013 SXSW Featured Speakers:
Dr Steven Weinberg
Audio of 2013 SXSW Featured Speakers: