Launching in March 2014? Then Apply to Showcase Your Product via ReleaseIt at SXSW

Written by Hugh Forrest | February 14, 2014

Launch your new product in March in Austin via SXSW ReleaseIt

Is your company, product or service launching or re-launching in March? Want to leverage the strength of the cutting-edge, ahead-of-the-curve SXSW Interactive community to enhance the scope this launch? Then you should get involved with ReleaseIt at SXSW, which occurs Friday, March 7 as part of the Startup Village activities.

HOW TO APPLY TO BE PART OF THE EVENT: Applying to be part of ReleaseIt at SXSW is a two-step process. First, complete this online application about your launch. Second, promote your application on social media. On Twitter, use the hashtag #sxswreleaseit to promote your participation in this new program. Your tweet might read something like: “ABC Corp wants to unveil its new product in March in Austin #sxswreleaseit.” We understand that you might not want to announce the exact name of your new product in the tweet, so you may have to be creative in your wording. Creativity is always valued at SXSW. Deadline for the online application as well as the social media component is 11:59 pm CST on Tuesday, February 25.

THE APPLICATION VETTING PROCESS: The online application process accounts for approximately 75% of the decision-making process on which companies will be accepted into ReleaseIt at SXSW. The remaining 25% of the decision-making process focuses on the amount of social-media buzz your company can generate for your release. Decisions on which companies are accepted into the ReleaseIt program will be made by the SXSW Interactive staff — and all decisions are final.

IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED INTO RELEASE IT: You will be invited to present a short pitch about your product on Friday, March 7 at SXSW Interactive. Your pitch will occur in front of a live audience of SXSW Interactive, Gold and Platinum registrants, many of whom will be traditional press and / or heavy social media users. The Friday, March 7 event will include a panel of judges who will help determine which new product is the winner of the ReleaseIt at SXSW event — i.e., which new product they deem will most likely have success.

FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS QUESTION PROGRAM: Still confused about the ReleaseIt at SXSW program? Touch base with Maria and she can answer all your questions.

Photos by Vanessa Mejia and Alexa Ramirez.