Every great innovation begins with an idea. Often, the greatest innovations stem from the most uncommon of connections…different ideas, diverse cultures, unrelated technologies, multiple people, and the list goes on. This philosophy is central to what SXSW represents and has powered innovation at 3M for more than 100 years.
In the spirit of its innovative culture that thrives on idea sharing, 3M will reward SXSW attendees who connect and inspire change for the better in the world by giving away a total of $10,000 at the 3M Idea Exchange, an interactive lounge located at Brush Square Park West next to the Austin Convention Center (at the intersection of East 4th & Trinity).
Whether an original idea or one trending at SXSW, every idea shared via Twitter with #3MIdeaExchange will inflate the 3M Idea Balloon at the lounge space. SXSW attendees with ideas that pop the balloon will each win $500. 3M will track trending ideas with an “idea cloud” on display.
The 3M Idea Exchange will be open March 7-9 from 11am - 6pm and lounge attendees will have the opportunity to:
· Explore some of 3M’s most innovative technologies
· Recharge mobile devices, connect with both 3M innovators and other SXSW attendees.
· Enjoy free cocktails & cupcakes from 3-6 pm each day.
· Receive free product samples of Post-it Products and 3M Privacy Screen Protectors, while supplies last.
· See a live art demonstration from Amsterdam Street Artist, Max Zorn, who creates amazing artwork with Scotch packaging tape.
For more information about the 3M Idea Exchange, go to 3M.com/sxsw or follow @3MInnovation on Twitter.