Still on the fence about registering for the 2014 SXSW Interactive Festival at the early-bird rate of $795? What follows are the top 10 reasons to buy your badge before the prices increase at the end of the day on Friday, September 6.
1) Save Save Save: $795 is the absolute lowest rate for the season for your 2014 SXSW Interactive Festival badge. Moreover, this early-bird rate saves you $500 on the walkup rate of $1295. Why pay more when you can purchase now and save more than 50% on this walkup rate.
2) Best Selection of Lodging: Hotel rooms in March in Austin are going fast. Purchase your badge now (and select your room via the SXSW Housing Desk) to get the best available options.
3) Best Selection of Flights: Air travel to Austin in March is also beginning to fill up. Speaking of air travel, we are very excited about yesterday's announcement of the direct London to Austin flight starting in March 2014.
4) Innovation Innovation Innovation: SXSW Interactive shines a bright spotlight on the people and the companies who are doing the most creative work in emerging technology.
6) Access to Workshops: In 2013, SXSW Interactive introduced multi-hour, sign-up-in-advance workshops to the programming mix. 2014 will see even more such programming. The only way to attend these workshops is to purchase a SXSW badge
7) Career-Enhancing Connections: March in Austin provides world-class networking with cutting-edge digital creatives. If you want to meet the people who are making the future, then the first step is purchasing a badge to the 2014 SXSW Interactive Festival.
8) Startup Village: Learn about the best new startups (before your competition does) by attending Startup Village. Located on the fourth floor of the Hilton Austin Downtown, Startup Village includes the SXSW Accelerator pitch competition (scheduled Saturday, March 8 and Sunday, March 9).
9) Trade Show: SXSW Interactive registrants can meet hundreds of the new media industry's top new businesses at the four-day Trade Show. Dates for the 2014 SXSW Trade Show are Sunday, March 9 through Wednesday, March 12.
10) Evening Events: Ranging from the Opening Party to the SXSW Gaming Awards to the SXSW Accelerator Awards to the Interactive Awards to the Closing Party, official evening events make March in Austin rock. But attendance is limited to SXSW Interactive, Gold or Platinum badgeholders.