To support and cultivate the next generation of filmmakers, the SXSW® Film Conference and Festival (SXSW Film) presents a special film competition for students enrolled in Texas high schools. Submissions are judged by a panel of independent filmmakers and industry figures, and prizes include SXSW Film registrations. All films chosen as finalists will be shown in the Texas High School Shorts program as part of the regular SXSW Film Festival schedule.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules and Regulations
- Eligibility is limited to Texas students enrolled in the 9th through 12th grades for the full academic year.
- Films must be 5 minutes or shorter and completed between January 1 and December 13 the year preceding the SXSW event.
- ALL Texas high school submissions MUST be submitted to SXSW by URL link to an online version of your film on an external site (i.e. your own website, YouTube HD, Vimeo, etc.) and you will be asked to provide that URL as part of your application. If this URL requires the use of login information to access the film, you will be asked to provide that as well.
- As part of the Texas high school application the filmmakers are required to submit the URL link to an online version of your film on an external site (i.e. your own website, YouTube HD, Vimeo, etc.) Please be aware that you must submit a working link and any necessary passwords to view the link AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION that will be active and working through March 2014.
- The deadline for High School Submissions is Friday, December 13, 2013 with a submission fee of $10.
- All applicants will be informed of the status of their project no later than Friday, February 7, 2014. Head to the Shopping Cart to begin the submission process for the 2014 event, or visit our Film Submission FAQ for more information.