Greg Proops is a comedian who lives in LA, but it's not that bad. He has appeared on so many versions of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (UK, US, ABC, and the CW) that he no longer remembers the premise of the show. Mr. Proops has two podcasts, the award-seeking Smartest Man in the World and the shorter and therefore theoretically less annoying Greg Proops Film Club. Both are free to download at gregproops.com.
Mr. Proops is a middle-aged, white guy who loves baseball.
He is also a feminist and flaming liberal. Thank goodness for the awesome barbecue in Texas or he would never be able to do SXSW.
Greg passed a kidney stone last time he was at SXSW, then did Doug Loves Movies.
He is rarely informal in photos and helped me write this very fine intro so I thank him for that and his most excellent...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Greg Proops
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I was fifteen in 1975 if you must know. I did not have a girlfriend till the next year. But now you know too much. The songs in no order, "Betcha By Golly Wow" by the Stylistics - one of the great soul love songs (You're a genie in disguise), "I'm Not In Love" by 10cc - a huge wimp rock classic, "Ballroom Blitz" by the Sweet, the greatest glam song and certainly an antidote to the shlock ballads that the AM radio was dealing. "Shining Star" by Earth, Wind and Fire - funky, positivity-packed and we can dance to it and "Love Will Keep Us Together" by the Captain and Tennille. Was his title honorary?
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Jeremy Irons as Simon Peter Gruber in Die Hard with a Vengeance. He stutters and has hot terrorist sex on a desk. Definitely executive office activities.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Out of The Ink Well with Betty Boop and Koko the Clown. Theye were sexed up and had jazz and they played them on TV for kids.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Normal vision. I can't handle supervision.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Proops Upside Yo' Head
Hard to believe it all starts next week. Are you ready (I am not ready)? Thanks for the drop in and you can read more of these superfun interviews right here
Floatin' like the heavens above, lp
Photo courtesy of the performer