FREE and Open to the Public
Dates: March 13–15, 2015
Location: City Terrace of the Long Center (701 W. Riverside)
Doing creative and revolutionary things with new technologies embodies the spirit of the SXSW Interactive Festival, and nowhere is this more evident than the diverse mix of activities at SX Create. From 3D printing to drones to biohacking and much more, this community event showcases the disruptive solutions that are shaping our future.
This FREE and open-to-the-public event kicks off at 11:00 am on Friday, March 13 and runs through 6:00 pm on Sunday, March 15. Catch an Interactive or Film Shuttle to The Long Center for the Performing Arts to experience all the mind-expanding and hands-on fun.
SX Create is open to the public with free Guest Pass wristbands, available in advance or onsite at the event. Visit guestpass.sxsw.com for more information. SXSW Badge and Wristband holders do not need a Guest Pass to attend.
SX Create Presented by Silicon Labs
Silicon Labs, a global company headquartered in the heart of downtown Austin, is a leading provider of silicon, software and system solutions for the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. Silicon Labs solve's the electronics industry’s toughest problems, providing customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Backed by world-class engineering teams with unsurpassed software and mixed-signal design expertise, Silicon Labs empowers developers with the tools and technologies they need to advance quickly and easily from initial idea to final product.
SX Create Panels and Meet Ups
- Hackaday Meet Up // Hackaday Staff
- Helping Hands in the Global Village // Jon Schull, Troy Farnsworth
- Wearables Meet Up // Atlas Wearables
- Making to Manufacturing // Peter Vancorenland, Rob Faludi, Nathan Seidle, David Lynch, Peter Li, Marc Boudria
- DIY Housing Meet Up // Luke Iseman
- Our Shipping Container Home: DIY Off Grid Urbanism // Heather Stewart, Luke Iseman
- Internet Of Things Meet Up // Smart Things
- When Your Devices Decide to Touch You Back // Rohit Thawani
- 3D Printing Meet Up // Matthew Fiedler
- Maker Trailblazers: Making for Social Good // Carrie Motamedi, Hahna Alexander, Patrick Littlefield, Rahul Panicker
- Biohacker Meet Up // Karen Ingram
- Makers Change the World and Tools Change the Maker Makers // Jim Newton, Paul Teich, Ray Almgren, Stephan Turnipseed
- STEAM Meet Up // Girlstart
- Making a Maker City // Dale Dougherty Peter Hirshberg, Travis Good
- Hackerspace Meet Up // Martin Bogomolni
- Drones Take Flight: Are They Ready for Prime Time? // Mike Senese, Niels Joubert PhD, Randy Jay Braun
- Kids Maker Space Meetup // Kami Wilt
- 3D Print the Smithsonian // Adam Metallo, Brian Matthews, Corey Kilbane, Vince Rossi
- Drone Meet Up // Mike Senese
- The Life and Times of a Young Innovator Today // Errett Kroeter, Shiva Nathan
- Mobile Social and Meet Up presented by Bike Hugger // DL Byron
- 3D Printing: Myth vs. Truth // Andreas Bastian, Charlie Maddock