I listen to Rory Scovel a fair amount vis a vis Doug Loves Movies, and I'm psyched he'll be here for the most excellent SXSW Comedy programming, which I've watched grow from having pretty much my own private Marc Maron show (which was f'ing amazes) into this THING that is big and groovy thanks to Charlie Sotelo who books this stuff like nobody's business.
All the best podcasts come to record, and this year we have stellar peeps performing like Scovel, James Adomain, Adam Cayton-Holland, Sarah Silverman, Reggie Watts, Natasha Leggero, Rob Huebel and more.
Via magical googling I was able to glean the following about Rory: at one point he had one of the most perfect beards I've ever seen, he appears to have had a little Twitter feud with Brendon Walsh last week but it did not end in fisticuffs, and he's had many fine appearances on late night television programs.
Scovel is all over the darn place at the SXSW. His schedule resides here so mark those calendars, good people.
For now you can have a look-see at his...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Rory Scovel
Do you have any nicknames? Just one, sometimes old friends call me Ro.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. In 1995 I was 15. I can't remember if I already owned this or if it was out or just came out but almost anything off of Failure's Fantastic Planet but probably "The Nurse Who Loved Me" or "Hey Jealousy" by the Gin Blossoms. Probably something off of Nirvana's Nevermind. I was just starting to buy CDs and actually care about music at 15. "Black Hole Sun" was all I truly knew.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? The Joker.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Ren and Stimpy.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Be able to fly.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? I Never Learned to Read
Why, thank you for stopping by on this fine Tuesday afternoon. SXSW Film and Interactive are impending and golly if they don't have some of the most interesting programming this side of the Eagle Nebula.
If you've enjoyed this here LPQ, we have gathered them for your reading pleasure in this little archive. Stay tuned for more from Jim James, Beach Fossils, and Angel Haze in the coming days.
You can be the captain and I will draw the chart, lp