From the 2010 LPQ Archive
I've been looking up info on Ben Kronberg because my pal Charlie told me he may not be that well known, but he's really strong and will be a famous comedian. Or writer. Or something.
So, I've been reading an interview he did with Andy Kindler (who I saw at SXSW last year, superfun) where he talks about how he was naked while he did it. And then I got distracted by the puppies.
If you haven't caught the SXSW comedy showcases in the past I can't recommend them enough. Last year, weary and stumbling, I drifted into Esther's to catch Marc Maron's Saturday night 1 am set and full on had one of the best times ever. Seriously, I tried to stalk him afterwards but it didn't quite work out.
Maybe this year's excellent discovery will be Kronberg. A bit about Ben: he's been wearing glasses since the 2nd grade. His parents got divorced in the 4th grade. He learned about sex in the 6th grade. Now he tells jokes.
And now he does...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Ben Kronberg
Pro Wrestling Name: Sundance Magnum
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I'm 15 years old, it's 1994 and my mixtape has Metallica, C&C music Factory and New Order.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Evil villians make better presidents cuz they act. They have a plan and put it into effect. Superheroes make horrible presidents because they react, they don't have a plan - they wait for something bad to happen and try to make it better. That said, I think Gene Hackman would be the best.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Tom and Jerry always made me happy
4. What superpower do you wish you had? My super power would be to be able to make girls break up with their boyfriends.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Simon Says Swallow
Spoon: They are one of my favorite bands and I've never seen them live so I'm totally fucking excited.
Nathaniel Rateliff: He is from my hometown of Denver and is great. I get chills every time I watch him. So good.
Ben Kronberg: I've been wanting to be a part of the festival for a while now and I am so excited to be doing it I can't even tell you...
You can catch Ben three times at the fest. Check it, peeps.
That's all for today's edition of the LPQ/P3. I'll be back later with some Pick Three Madness with Tom DeSavia, Josh Briggs and Jennifer Knoepfle. You can peruse the archive at your leisure here.
The puppies are in formation, lp